SOUTH AFRICA TRAVEL & TOURS PRESENTS A 10-DAY JAZZ, SAFARI, WINE, SIGHTSEEING VACATION TO SOUTH AFRICA
Join us on a trip of a lifetime to Johannesburg, Safari and Cape Town
March 16-26, 2018
$4271 per person sharing and $4984 single person
( international and domestic flights included)
New York: March 16, 2018: Friday
Upon your arrival at JFK International Airport, you will be met by our representative from South Africa Travel & Tours who will assist you with your check-in. Your flight will depart from JFK International Airport on South African Airways bound for Johannesburg, South Africa. All meals and drinks are included on this non - stop service flight from JFK International Airport to O.R.Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg.
Johannesburg: March 17, 2018: Saturday
Upon arrival at O.R.Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg you will be met by our South African representative who will transfer you to your luxury Sandton Hotel in the heart of bustling cosmopolitan Sandton. On route to your hotel you will get your first glimpse of Johannesburg as you enjoy a drive by city tour. Upon arrival at your hotel you will check in and spend the rest of the day at your leisure. Feel free to explore the local African curios stores or relax at your hotel pool. Late that evening enjoy complimentary sundowners and snacks on the San Deck while getting to know your fellow travelers. Dinner at your leisure and for own account. (1 x Glass of local wine or beer and snacks)
Johannesburg: March 18, 2018: Sunday
Today you will embark upon a full day historic tour of Soweto. You will visit the Apartheid Museum, Nelson Mandela’s home and Hector Pieterson Memorial where you will learn about the 1976 uprisings and the subsequent triumph of democracy in South Africa. Lunch is included in Soweto at Sakhumzi restaurant. (B/L)
APARTHEID MUSEUM AND HECTOR PIETERSON MEMORIAL
Come with us on this full day tour, which shares some of the journey, pain and struggle of those heroes. Our day begins at the Hector Pieterson Museum, where we start to unravel the cause of the devastating riots, before travelling past Mandela House, where you have the option of visiting this small museum. Our next significant stop is the fascinating Regina Mundi Church, site of many underground meetings of the then banned political parties. We will lunch in Soweto at a local restaurant before visiting the legendary Apartheid Museum. The Apartheid Museum is a multimedia experience, with documentary film snippets, texts, sound clips and live accounts, recapturing life in the dark days of South Africa.
Pilanesberg: March 19-21,2018: Monday-Wednesday
Day.3 - Day.5
Day.3 - Day.4.
After breakfast, you will be transferred overland to Pilanesberg National Park where you will spend two nights at Ivory Tree Game Lodge (Approximately 2-hour road transfer)(B/L/D)
TYPICAL DAY ON SAFARI
Each day begins with a morning “wake-up call,” along with coffee and tea, before an excursion deep into the reserve in search of the Big 5 – elephant, lion, buffalo, leopard, and rhinoceros. After a 2-3 hour game drive, you will return to enjoy a hot breakfast and then relax in the lodge’s comfortable accommodations. Choose to lounge by the pool or venture out on a bush walk, before a delicious lunch. Then, gear up for a late-afternoon game drive. Each day ends with a dinner under the stars or in the hotel dining hall. (B/L/D)
Cape Town: March 21, 2018: Wednesday
After your early morning game drive and breakfast you will depart from Pilanesberg National Park and overland to O.R.Tambo International Airport to connect to Cape Town. Upon your arrival in Cape Town you will be met by our representative who will then transfer you to your hotel. The Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, which is ideally located on the waterfront, will be home for the next 5 days. The rest of the evening is at your leisure. (B)
Cape Town: March 22, 2018: Thursday
After a hearty breakfast get ready for a full day tour along Cape Town’s beautiful coastline. Today’s full day Cape Peninsula tour will commence from the exclusive suburb of Camps Bay, through the fishing harbor of Hout Bay, up to Chapman’s Peak and stopping at Cape of Good Hope. After a quick lunch break we will continue back to Cape Town city center through the fishing village of Simon’s Town. (B/L)
CAPE PENINSULA TOUR
The Fairest Cape…and it surely is! You’ll soon see for yourself where and why it earned its name. Sit back and relax, we’re going to cruise along the exquisite stretch of coastline known as Millionaire’s Paradise – from Clifton to Camps Bay, to the exclusive beach hamlet of Llandudno – towards the charming working harbor of Hout Bay. If you so choose, you can embark on an up-close-and-personal Seal Island cruise. Back on terra firma, we wind along the legendary Chapman’s Peak Drive, hugging the cliffs and relishing the breathtaking ocean views, before arriving at the beautiful Cape of Good Hope section of the Table Mountain National Park, an integral part of the world-renowned Cape Floral Kingdom. After lunch (included) we meander back along the coast towards the City, visiting the historic naval port of Simon’s Town and the endearing penguin colony at Boulder’s Beach. “The fairest Cape of all” that was Sir Francis Drake’s opinion…and we’re sure you’ll echo it.
Cape Town: March 23, 2018: Friday
Join your guide on a half day Cape Town city tour. This tour will include a cable car ride up to Table Mountain where you will relish in the sweeping views of Cape Town below, upon your descent we will drive by the Company Gardens and Slave lodge. End your morning at District 6 museum. We then head down to the Waterfront to enjoy lunch (for own account) at your leisure. This afternoon embark on a tour to Robben Island where Mandela spent 18 of the 27 years imprisoned. (B)
Cape Town: March 24, 2018: Saturday
The day is set aside to spend at your leisure. Optional tours include: Jazz Festival, hiking up Table mountain, shark diving and shopping tour. (For own account) (B)
Cape Town: March 25, 2018: Sunday
Enjoy a full day in South Africa’s majestic Winelands. Your day will comprise of 2 wine tastings, a walking tour of the town of Stellenbosch, lunch and a little shopping to end the day. Once back at the hotel the group will then be transferred to the Gold restaurant for our farewell dinner. (B/L/D)
Cape Town: March 26, 2018: Monday
After checking out from your hotel you will be transferred to Cape Town International Airport to connect to Johannesburg for your onward flight back to the USA. (B)
- Meet & Greet services at airports outlined in the itinerary
- Hotel & Airport Porterage
- All transfers to and from hotel and airport within South Africa
- The services of a qualified English- speaking guide to accompany the group on transfers and tours.
- Luxury air-conditioned coaches
- Orientation tour of Johannesburg. Please note that this is a drive-by tour only.
- 2 x Nights Accommodation at a 4 star Sandton Hotel, standard rooms, breakfast included
- 1 x local wine or beer per person and snacks on the San Deck of Sandton Sun Hotel on the evening of your arrival.
- Full day Soweto and Apartheid Museum tour. Includes Regina Mundi Church, Hector Pieterson Museum, Mandela House, lunch at Sakhumzi Restaurant and Apartheid Museum
- 2 x Nights Accommodation at Ivory Tree Game Lodge, standard room, full board and 2 game drives a day.
- 5 x Nights Accommodation at a 4 star Cape Town hotel, standard rooms, breakfast included
- Full day Peninsula tour. Includes Hout Bay Seal Island cruise (weather permitting) Chapman’s peak drive, Cape Point, return Funicular ticket, Lunch and African Penguins at Boulders Beach
- Full day Cape Town City and Robben Island tour. Includes Table Mountain with return cableway ticket (weather permitting), District Six Museum and walking tour of Malay Quarter and Afternoon Robben Island excursion
- Full day Winelands Tour. Includes Wine tasting at Ernie Els wine estate or similar, walking tour of Stellenbosch, lunch, time at leisure to shop, afternoon wine tasting at a local wine estate.
- Farewell dinner at Gold restaurant with interactive drumming or similar restaurant
- All items of a personal nature.
- All tours, entrance fees and transfers not specified in the inclusions above.
- All meals not specified in the inclusions above.
- Visa fees
- Optional Activities: Shark diving tour, shopping tour, hiking up Table Mountain. All the aforementioned activities are for your own account and contingent on 10 or more guest signing up)
- Driver and guide gratuities during tours.
- All drinks
10-DAY JAZZ, SAFARI, WINE CAPETOWN TOUR
Reserve your space!
Deposit: 50% per person